Thursday, May 26, 2011

1 John 5:1-5 (NIV)

 1 John 5: 1-5 (NIV)

Read this verse two times and try to really grasp the message, this is what I will be talking about.

1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.



Through the next couple of minutes I hope you can give complete attention to these verses and what I am about to say. I might be taking this a little bit to far but I think this is really the only way this blog can have a long lasting impact on your life. I came across this verse trying to find one thing that would change everyone that would read. The holy spirit lead me to this verse and I think it will make a difference in your life as it will in mine.


So I am going to try to explain this verse the best that God has taught me. Verse 1, if you believe in Jesus you are a child of God just like Jesus, but not the first; also if you love God you love Jesus, if you love Jesus you love God. Verse 2, this how we know we love God and his children: how does God know when we love him, answer is in scripture, "carrying out his commands". So through this if I carry out what God tells me to do through the bible and the Holy Spirit, God knows when love him. Verse 3, this is Love for God, his commands are not burdensome. Now you like well Jonathan, then why is so hard to live this live? Verse 4, if you are a child of God you have overcome the world, not going to lie I thought that was pretty cool. Overcoming the world gives us hope to live his commands and show God how we love him. Verse 5, right here he ties it all together, if you believe that Jesus is the Son of God you have overcome the world.
I hope you enjoyed the verse that the Holy Spirit picked and I hope you will come back and read this again. If you have any questions or comments, or you want to give me a topic or a verse to write about. Contact me: jman1424@gmail.com or on Facebook, by phone/text: (770) 533-2582

No comments:

Post a Comment