Monday, September 26, 2011

3 Way Relationship (PART 1 OF 3)


            I have been thinking about relationships a lately; how we interact, and how we treat each other. I have told a couple people about this idea that I have. I had something I call a, "Paul Moment," this is the moment you have a great idea from God (Sydney and Kendall, think this is a inside joke with myself). When I said relationship earlier I mean friendship, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, father, son, pretty much any relationship you ever have, and even the most important relationship you will ever have. I am going to have one supporting verse and 3 additional points talking about the verse you are going to know exactly what I mean when I say, "3 Way Relationship." I am going to make this a 3 part series.  

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

1.    Heart



So from this verse we notice that you love God with all your heart. What does this mean?
Your relationship with God affects every other relationship you have.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalms 139:23–24)

Loving God with all your heart starts with putting God first. I look at putting first like this, like a house there are many things to doing just like in life there is a lot of things to do. If you make God the house, it controls the many things that you do. Loving God with all your heart is more than just putting him first, it putting him first in everything.

 As Christ Followers this is very hard to do, I still and will always have the problem with not letting Jesus into a room I do not what him in. Meaning letting Jesus into every part of my life. I am trying hard to uncover the things that I don't see.

 Please tell your friends about the my blog here the link: www.adams-jonathan.blogspot.com. Thank you for reading. If you have any questions or comments, or you want to give me a topic or verse to write about. Contact me: jman1424@gmail.com or on Facebook, Twitter @JonSAdams , by phone/text (770) 533-2582

No comments:

Post a Comment