Friday, January 6, 2012

Amen Brother

Amen Brother

By the name of the blog you probably have no idea what this blog is going to be about. We use the word, "Amen." I wanted to show how important this word really is to Christianity. The word amen appears in the bible 54 times. It first appears in Numbers.

Numbers 5:22
22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”
“‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

Now this is the first time we see the word Amen. Now I have no idea what this verse is trying to say. If you have an idea please shoot me an email jman1424@gmail.com.


Revelation 22:21
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

The word is Amen is in the last book of the bible, in the last chapter, in the last verse, and Amen is the last word.

We use this word as the end of every prayer, and when the preacher saids something awesome!! What does it mean?

Amen - expression of agreement

We use this word when we agree with something that someone saids. When you say amen at the end of the prayer you are agreeing with the prayer. If you don't agree with what they said I wouldn't say amen because, you wouldn't agree with it. I don't say amen to prayers I don't agree with, this rarely happens though. So next time your around me, you pray, and I don't say amen, don't think I didn't agree with your prayer. Haha.

What do you agree with?







No comments:

Post a Comment