Friday, January 6, 2012

Little Life Lessons

Little Life Lessons

So in third grade I had a teacher named, "Dr. Giotis." Hope they didn't spell his name wrong as they did my last name in the third grade. This man is my all time favorite teacher. He taught me little, life, lessons, or the LLL for short. As you see he is a Dr., he is a doctor in the bible. Pretty sweet, who do you know that had a Dr. in bible as their third grade teacher?
Dr. Giotis would have us always have our bible of the top of everything. On top of the desk, on top of all our books. As a third grader I didn't
understand why. I just thought that he wanted to teach us about how nothing can be on the top on the bible. Over the years I always remember this LLL. Not only to keep the bible on the top of everything, but on the top on my life, the start of my day, the first thing you go to for help, and the most valuable physical thing that you have.
He always called us by our last name. Like "Mr. Adams" for me. When I was in third grade I just thought this was a cool thing that my teacher did that, but it taught me, that my words have a shaping impact on peoples life's. To always what our words. He did not only called us by our last name, he had a real respect for each one of us.
He taught me how to pray. He would always pray the Lord's prayer. Not only Jesus's words to his students about how to pray but also it was Dr. Giotis teaching me through Jesus. I learned that prayers do not have to be long and sound like a pagan said it. But short and sounds like a child would say it. This teacher like Jesus, taught me little, life, lessons.
I wish I can get into contact with Dr. Giotis and tell him how thankful I am for his teachings. And tell him that I love him and how much he taught me how to live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment