Monday, June 25, 2012

Peru Mission Journal (2nd Day)






June 16,2012
I woke up taking a very cold shower, found out later that they did not have the hot water turned on.
Today the girls and boys at Pat's Place sang songs and danced for us. We sang a familiar song called "Take It All." We sang and danced to that song in Spanish with the girls.
We went to play on the roof of Pat's Place, and the roof is fenced in so that balls don't get out.


I spent my time playing volleyball and soccer. Volley Ball is the girls sport and soccer is the guys sport. This little girl around 11 or 12 was playing patty cake with me. God was telling me that these things is what brings him glory. I love this place it is so much fun to hang out with the kids and talk to them even though there is a language barrier. I tell all the girls that they are beautiful and they just smile and say thank you. We went to the "Walmart" in Peru. Everyone was staring at me because I was white and so tall. We bought sublime and inca cola.







If you have any questions about the trip please comment and I will answer them on a separate blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment