Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Man Behind The Action

Well I should of started this blog with talking about who I am and my life story. But since I didn't you can see it here.
My name is Jonathan Spencer Adams, I was born in Georgia (not going to give all info about that stuff). I was born in the year of 1996 and i am proud of it, I just like the number to be honest. I was saved when I was 8 or 9, I was baptize on Easter Sunday. I do not regret getting baptize at a young age because I was aware of what was going to change in my life. I lost God or forgot about how important he is to everyone, that happen when I was 11.I am thankful that I was raise in a Christian environment. The verse that made me really understand what my life should be about is Ephesians 5:14-17

14 This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”

15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.

I was a sleeper I knew what God was about but I forgot that my life was not that way at all. So by 12, I woke up and Christ has been shining his light on me since that day forward. In verse 15 it teaches me the way I should live. Be careful how you live not as unwise but as wise. I learn that I have to watch what I do and make sure that it affects my future in a positive way. I always want to do my best in everything I do and verse 16, helps me with opportunities that God gives me. In verse 17 when it said foolish I take that as do not control your life, and always know what God wants you to do to increase his kingdom.

I struggle everyday with sin and it is not easy to live this life. I find being a Follower of Jesus harder then a life that is corrupted by sin. Sin is easy to fall into and hard to get out. I do not want anybody to be corrupt by sin. I don't want people to think that I got this life all figured out because I don't.

My goal is not to go to heaven because heaven is the reward. My goal is to let the world understand that there is a God that loves them and wants them to run to him with open arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment